Super Nintendo Reproduction Carts

/ /
As technology and gamer fandom move forward in parallel strides, we see new opportunities for SFC/SNEs gamers to bring out their systems and fire it up for a revival of the Friday nights when it was just you, the game, a meat lover's from Pizza Hut and your virginity. If you've been perusing around the interwebs, you might have already seen a few of what I'm talking about, and brother, I'm talking about Reproduction Carts - brand new SNES carts flashed and made to be enjoyed as close to the official ones as possible.


Truthfully told, of all the ways to play the advances in SFC/SNES gaming that are being made today, this one is probably the least practical. For the price of two reproduction carts (at the cheapest prices), you could get one Super Everdrive and play'em all. There's also the fact that they don't always come with boxes and other cool stuff and the price ranges pretty wild. I've seen them go from $40-$100 for basic carts, and then you have special ones like Star Fox 2 and Star Ocean that cost above $100 each.

Also, it's technically illegal and none of that money goes to the copyright owners.

This sort of thing is designed for those who aren't quite as satisfied with emulation and even find the Everdrive missing some of the "feel" to it. This is something I can identify with, and as the owner a sole reproduction cart, I do admit that a single cart by itself feels the closest to the "real" SNES experience. That cart is an English translated version of Seiken Densetsu 3 and, indeed, it played magnificently - although after 10 hours something in the board burnt out and I had to send it back for repair, which the guy did for free as it was under warranty.


And I think that's all I have to say on that. I don't have any recommended places to suggest for repros at the moment, but I'll update the blog article here when I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger